Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 3-4:

Not much happening. Yesterday was the first night that I didn't go do anything and just stayed in the room. I felt really tired after dinner and ended sleeping at 10pm, got up at 7am. Anyway, here are some more of my observations of life in Shanghai:

- the sky looks like London. Apparently even if it isn't raining, its still cloudy and overcast. I guess its either cuz of the pollution, or if it really is raining/overcast in the city.

- in order for the electricity to work and the light to turn on my automatically in my room, I need to insert a card, which also is used to swipe to open the door for my room. So at night, the heater can't work cuz the lights are off (since the card isn't in the slot) and my computer won't charge since there's no electricity. FAIL

- this city DOESN'T have any central business districts. sure, there's pudong and the bund...but literally this city seems like the size of los angeles, but with skyscrapers ALL over the city. it's crazy.

- there are no traffic rules. so my friend and i were crossing the street back from carrefour (wal-mart store, but French, very popular in China) and all of a sudden, this motor bike speeds right in front of us. ho brah if we never stop to look we woulda been hit. pedestrian's definitely don't have the right of way.

I think that's enough writing so I'll stop. Hm Hmmmm

TML

1 comment:

  1. aww Jason be careful! I told you people don't have the right of way over there lol.

    I'm glad you're having fun though! Miss ya lots <3

    ReplyDelete